Mo Blog

Monday 29 October 2012

Back to the Stage


All eyes on deck!

At one fell swoop, here are my images from the recent and brilliant theatre productions I have had the pleasure of working on over the last month. All Scottish and all highly contemporary in their own ways.

First up, Ka-boing, is Random Accomplice's The Incredible Adventures of See Thru Sam, which just finished its tour in Edinburgh's Traverse a week back. Take a gander at their excellent website and admire Johnny McKnight's comic book flair!




 And for my inner teenager, at my inner back of the bus:










I was invited to Perth to shoot Horsecross Theatre's production of The Odd Couple last month. A rewritten female version of the classic 60's play and film. Sensation overload: with a really sumptuously 80's set, wardrobe and palette that I literally didn't know where to look! On top of everything the downtown NY accents and antics had me rightly tickled.





















Finally this month I had the pleasure of working for the first time with my fabulous Leith neighbours Grid Iron on their proudction of The Authorised Kate Bane, which finished its run at the Trav last week. It was a really atmospheric and wintery production and has done more to get me excited for the cold months ahead than all the tinsel and jingles that characterise the start of the season. It was great to work around such an intimate set and I was more than encouraged to get "in amongst it" which, as you know by now, there is nowhere else I would rather be.








e

No comments:

Post a Comment